The Department of Botany is established in 1997. It is one of the leading departments in the field of teaching and student activities. Botany subject is offered to H. Sc. passed students of with A and B groups. Botany subject is initiated for creating awareness about nature, biodiversity and agriculture and self employment with education. Basic subject knowledge is given to H. Sc. passed students with A group through Bridge course. In keeping pace with the advances in various aspects of plant sciences, the department has introduced the career oriented courses like Medicinal Plants: Identification and Conservation affiliated with Community Development Centre, Shivaji University, Kolhapur and self designed Garden Techniques. The department is known for the teaching, learning and the results. It is also known for strict implementation of rules and regulations formulated time to time by the college administration. The department has undertaken the student’s projects in the areas of Medicinal Plants, Plant Pathology, Ecological reports and Horticultural term papers, Environmental issues etc. The department regularly organizes the student seminars, Group discussion, Poster presentation, Essay, Elocution, Quiz and Rangoli competitions. The department organizes Nature Introducing camp and Botanical Excursions in association of Amar Natre Club, Chikhali and Vasundhara, Warananagar. The department also organizes guest lectures by eminent personalities. The department regularly involves in Plantation campaign with collaboration of N.S.S. and Maharashtra State Government. The students are promoted for participation in research competitions like Avishkar and Science exhibitions, Conferences, workshops and seminars. The department has organized a regional workshop on “Azolla: Low cost farming for farmers ” in 2016. Rupali Salunkhe, the student of the department is nominated for Merit Scholarship of Shivaji University, Kolhapur for the subject Botany. The faculties and students of the department are rankers in District level and Central Avishkar Research Convention organized by Shivaji University, Kolhapur. Ex students of department working as officers in Foreign countries such as South Africa and Saudi Arabia.
• To Explore and Not To Exploit The Plant World.
• To train students in the science of Botany, in order that they are equipped to engage meaningfully in any activity requiring botanical expertise.
• To provide training in scientific and transferable skills through Lectures, research projects, written work, seminar and supervisions
|1||Dr.Deokar R. R.||Head and Assistant Professor||M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D.||19 Years|
|2||Smt. Kamble S. R.||Assistant Professor||M. Sc.||18 Years|
One Day Workshop
• On Garden Techniques
• For Farmers with Collaboration of Lead College
• On Let’s Save The Nature, Shivaji University, Kolhapur
• On Beauty parlor skills with Collaboration of Women forum
• On Save Gas and Safety Gas with Collaboration of Women forum
• On Legal awareness for Ladies with Collaboration of Women foru
• On Superstitions and Rationality with collaboration of Vivekwahini
Lab to Society
• Mrs. Varsha Kashid, M.Sc. B.Ed.
Worked as Head Mistress at South Africa and now working as Head Mistress at K.A.G.D.B.L. English medium School,
• Mr. Amit S. Parit – M. Sc. (A.G.P.M.) – Working as Senior Executive at Oman International Group, Oman.
• Mrs. Shubhangi Patil– M. Sc. (A.G.P.M.)
Achievements of Department
Dr. Rekha Deokar:
- Best Teacher Award by Lion’s Club, Kolhapur on 5th September 2011.
- Jivan Guarav Purskar, 2016 by Vishas Udyog Samuha, Chikhali on 2nd Sept. 2016.
Smt. Shubhangi R. Kamble:
- Best Teacher Award by Lion’s Club, Kolhapur on 5th September 2012.
1. Avishkar Research Convention
|Year||Name of the Competition||Level||Sr. No.||Rank||Name of the student||Prize|
Avishkar Research Convention 2011-12
|District||1||Third||1. Yuvraj A.Kumbhar2. Sunil E. Patil||Rs. 500/- & certificate|
|University||1||First||Smt. Kamble S.R.||Rs. 1000/- & certificate|
|2||Third||Smt. Deokar R.R.||Rs. 500/- & certificate|
|Central||1||First||Smt. Kamble S.R.||Rs. 1000/- & certificate|
|2||Second||Smt. Deokar R.R.||Rs. 750/- & certificate|
|State||Smt. Kamble S.R.||Participation|
|Smt. Deokar R.R.||Participation & Shortlisted in firstfive|
Avishkar Research Convention 2012-13
|District||1||First||1. Patil Supriya S.2. Sunil E. Patil||Rs. 1000/- & certificate|
|2||Second||1. Amit S. Parit2. Ranjeet M. Maske||Rs. 750/- & certificate|
|University||1.||Third||1. Amit S. Parit2. Ranjeet M. Maske||Rs. 500/- & certificate|
|1||First||1. Smt. Deokar R. R. 2.Smt. Kamble S.R.||Rs. 1000/- & certificate|
|Central||1||First||Smt. Deokar R. R.||Rs. 1000/- & certificate|
|State||Smt. Deokar R. R.||Participation|
Avishkar Research Convention 2013-14
|District||1||First||Ranjeet M. Maske||Rs. 1000/- & certificate|
|University||1||Second||Ranjeet M. Maske||Rs. 750/- & certificate|
|2.||Second||Smt. Deokar R. R.||Rs. 750/- & certificate|
|Central||1.||Second||Smt. Deokar R. R.||Rs. 750/- & certificate|
|State||Smt. Deokar R.R.||Participation|
|Ranjeet M. Maske||Participation & Shortlisted in firstfive|
|Science Exhibition organized by S.V.Y.C. Pethvadgaon||State||1.||Third||Khonge Chetan H.||Bronze Medal & certificate|
|2014-15||Avishkar Research Convention 2014-15||District||1||First||Shinde Tushar K.||Rs. 1000/- & certificate|
|University||1||First||Smt. Deokar R.R.||Rs. 1000/- & certificate|
|Central||1||First||Smt. Deokar R.R.||Rs. 1000/- & certificate|
|State||1||Smt. Deokar R.R.||Participation|
|Avishkar Research Convention 2016-17||District||1||First||Pawar Akash R.||Rs. 1000/- & certificate|
|2||Third||Gurav Pravin p.||Rs. 500/- & certificate|
|University||1||Second||Pawar Akash R.||Rs. 750/- & certificate|
|State||1||Pawar Akash R.||Participation|
|Avishkar Research Convention 2017-18||District||1||Second||Patil Amol M.||Rs. 750/- & certificate|
|Science Exhibition organized by S.Ghodawat Uni., Kolhapur||State||1||First||Gurav Pravin p.||Rs. 4000/-,certificate & Trophy|
|2||First||Patil Ranjeetsinh S.||Rs. 4000/-,certificate & Trophy|
|Science Exhibition organized by Y.P.College, Solankur||State||1||First||Gurav Pravin p.||Rs. 3000/-,certificate & Trophy|
|2||Third||Patil Ranjeetsinh S.||Certificate & Trophy|
2. Poster Presentation
|Year||Name of the Competition||Conference||Rank||Name of the student||Prize|
|2017-18||Poster presentation||National conference RAPNS-2018 on 23rd Jan.2018||Third||Jagtap Dhiraj Shankar||Certificate & Trophy|
|Year||Name of the Competition||Organizer||Name of the student||Rank||Prize|
|2017-18||Floral Rangali||Kolhapur Corporation, Forest Dept. Kolhapur & Garden Club, Kolhapur||1. Sakshi S. Narkar2. Ashwini Patil
3. Sanjivani Waskar
|Botanical Fashion Show||Kolhapur Corporation, Forest Dept. Kolhapur & Garden Club, Kolhapur||1. Sakshi S. Narkar2. Ashwini Patil
3. Sanjivani Waskar
4. Ashwini Nangare
5. Pranali Patil
7. Vaishali Yadav
Narke Rolling Trophy
3. ScholarshipRupali Salunkhe nominated for Shivaji University Merit Scholarship 2014-15 for Botany subject scoring at B.Sc.II.
- Prominent Alumini
- Mrs. Varsha Kashid, M.Sc. B.Ed. – Worked as Head Mistress at South Africa and now working as Head Mistress at K.A.G.D.B.L. English medium School, Kundal.
- Mr. Amit S. Parit – M. Sc. (A.G.P.M.) – Working as Senior Executive at Oman International Group, Oman.
- Mrs. Shubhangi Patil.- M. Sc. (A.G.P.M.)