CODE OF CONDUCT
This Institution belongs to you. It is your moral duty to uphold its pride and dignity The parents and students are required to go through the prospectus carefully before signing the admission form.The code of conduct for students is meant to promote professional behavior and academic integrity, leading to an effective learning environment that prepares graduates for meaningful professional pursuits.
Code of Conduct: for Students
1 Always carry your identity card with you. No student shall be allowed to enter college premises without identity card. Students found without I-card will be fined.
2 Read notices displayed on the Notice Board regularly/daily
3. Switch off lights and fans while leaving the class room.
4 A student who is guilty of misconduct, in any way in addition to fine, shall not be eligible for prize, scholarships ,fee concession, membership of any association, sports council or other important bodies of the college.
5 Students are expected to maintain the highest standards of discipline and dignified behavior inside the campus as well as outside. They shall abide by the rules and regulations of the college and should act in such a way that maintains the dignity and prestige of the college.
6 Students are expected to strictly follow the 6-day work schedule Monday to Saturday (8 AM-4.30 PM). Students must attend classes and practical regularly in order to reach the desirable standards of academic attainment.
7 Harassment of juniors, ill treatment to fellow students or any such form of ragging is
objectionable and liable to be treated as criminal offence as per law, following the
directives of Honorable Supreme Court of India.
8.Every student should fill up the undertaking form regarding anti-ragging. If anybody
found guilty, shall be punished as per government rules.
9 All students are expected to be present in the class well within the specified time. Late coming will be punished in terms of loss of attendance, leading to shortage in attendance.
10 No student shall enter or leave the class room when the session is on without the permission of the teacher concerned.
11 Students must report to the lab directly in time with observation book and record.
12 Misbehavior towards girl students, use of threat or violence against members of the staff or fellow students will be considered as very serious cases of misconduct, liable for strict disciplinary action.
13 Students must mandatorily be present for all the session(s) in seminars/project presentations etc. All students shall leave the classes immediately after 4.30 p.m. No students shall wander or gather in verandah, corridor, and staircase etc.
14 While travelling by the bus, students are strictly advised to maintain discipline and gentle behavior.
15 students shall wear their respective lab apron in the laboratory.
16 Students are expected to maintain silence and decorum in the academic buildings and, any deviant behavior such as hooting, whistling, loitering etc. will be treated as an instance of indiscipline.
17 Students are encouraged to make use of the library, common computing facilities as well as engage in professional activities or any other program authorized by the college beyond class hour.
18 Students who intend to represent the college in intercollegiate events shall take prior permission from the concerned HODs; and the selection will be based on parameters such as academic performance, attendance, character, academic schedule etc.
19 Students are expected to make use of academic, co-curricular and extracurricular facilities available to the optimum levels. This will certainly make them physically fit, academically competent, mentally alert and socially sensitive.
20 Students must keep the campus neat and clean and not throw waste in the campus except in the dustbins kept.
21. Students are strictly advised to refrain from activities such as scribbling or noting on walls, doors or furniture which could deface the college and destroy the academic ambience.
22 Students are advised to carefully handle the furniture, equipment, fixtures and appliances of the college and lab. Careless handling/misuse of the above could result personal injuries or damage to property follow safety precautions near moving machines and electrical installations. In the event of damage to property, the responsible students will have to bear the cost of replacement/repair with fine.
23. Any violation of the above rules will invite penalty in the form of warning, fine, complaints to parents or any course of corrective measure as found suitable by staff member or the highest authority of the College.
24. In case of any instance of non-compliance to existing rules or any observed matter/behavior that deviates from the vision and mission of the college, all the staff members are empowered to initiate disciplinary action by filling in a standard form, leading to the constitution of an enquiry committee and further proceedings.
25. A new concept called academic audit is introduced in the institute to monitor the teaching and learning process and to take measures for effective implementation of the academic activities on regular basis.
26. Internal Quality cell is established to monitor the academic standards and reporting.
27 Use of mobile is strictly prohibited.
28 Keep all the college campus clean and beautiful.
29 Smoking and tobacco chewing is strictly prohibited.
30 During off periods, the students should engage themselves in the library, gymkhana or
31 Do not spit in the campus.
32 Use suggestions/ complaints box for queries.
33 Further, needless to mention If found loitering or talking in the campus during the Practical, strict action will be taken against the concerned.
34 All vehicles should be parked in the parking provided by the institution .a vehicle should be properly locked and parked.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR FACULTY AND STAFF
Every employee shall be governed by these rules and is liable for all consequences in the event of any breach of rules by him / her:
1) Every employee shall maintain integrity of character, be devoted to his / her duty and be honest and impartial in his / her official dealings. An employee shall be courteous and polite in his / her dealings with the Management, Principal, other members of staff, students and with members of the public. He / she shall exhibit utmost loyalty and shall always act in the best interests of the college.
2) An employee shall be required to observe the scheduled working hours during which he/ she must be present at the place of his / her work. No employee shall be absent from duty without prior permission.
3) No employee shall be a member of any political party or shall take part in politics or be associated with any party or organization, which takes part in political activity; nor shall aid or assist in any manner any political movement or activity.
4) No employee shall make any statement, publish or write through any media, which has diverse effect/ criticism of any policy or action of the college; or is deemed detrimental to the interests of the college.
5) No employee can engage directly or indirectly in any trade or any private tuition or undertake employment outside his official assignment, whether for any monetary gain or not.
6) An employee against whom an insolvency proceeding is pending before a Court of Law shall forthwith report full facts to the college.
7) An employee against whom any criminal proceedings are initiated in a Court of Law shall immediately inform the competent authority of the college with full details.
8) No employee shall except with prior permission of the competent authority, can take recourse to law or to the press for the vindication of any official act of the college which has been the subject matter of criticism or attach defamatory character.
9) An employee who commits any offence or dereliction of duty or does an act detrimental to the interest of the college is subject to an enquiry and punishment by the competent authority. However, any employee aggrieved with the decision of the competent authority may appeal against such punishment or decision within 15 days of the receipt of the orders of the decision to the Management and the decision of the Management thereon is final and binding on the employee.
The Institution expects all employees to follow rules and regulations and stand of courtesy, conduct, and cooperation. The following are examples of actions. We are unacceptable to the Institution and may result in disciplinary action or termination of employment.
• Conviction of a felony involving moral turpitude
• Bringing discredit to the Institution
• Falsifying records, reports or information
• Discourteous behavior
• Any other misconduct interfering with performance of job tasks
• Unauthorized absence from assigned work area
• Sleeping while on duty
• Dereliction of duty
• Interfering with the work performance of another employee
• Wasting materials
• Wilful damage to equipment or property
• Entering Unauthorized work area
• Continued Failure to performs assigned duties
• Failure to report absence
• Habitual absence or tardiness
• Job abandonment
Code of Conduct for the Principal
The Principal of the institution shall:
1) Endeavor to fulfill Vision, Mission and Goals of the Institute.
2) Promote all the staff members to update their knowledge by encouraging them to organize and participate in seminars, conferences, workshops, symposia, orientation and refresher courses.
3) Encourage the faculty to carry out research and publish their research papers/articles in reputed national, international journals, e-journals and books/volumes.
4) Strive for procurement, optimum utilization and maintenance of ICT in teaching, learning, research and extension activities on the campus.
5) Take all necessary actions to maintain discipline on the campus.
6) Treat all faculty members, non –teaching staff, students and stakeholders on equal footing and not indulge in favoritism.
7) Involve all the stakeholders in the development of the institution.
8) Promote the decentralization of power for the effective administration of the institution.
Code of conduct for Governing Body
• To attend meetings of the governing body and the committees on which they serve, and acquire appropriate knowledge to contribute effectively to decision making.
• Present the budget estimates as received from the finance and accounts committee with modification, if any, to the principle for its final approval.
• Provide infrastructure ,premise, furniture ,apparatus, and other means needed for the smooth conduct of the institute.
• Consider the perspective plan for the academic development of the institute.
• Take overall responsibility for student welfare. Code of Conduct for Support staff
• Commence work on time
• Maintain a supportive environment while performing their assigned duties.
• Respect confidentiality in all matters.
• Be well-organized