Anand Incubation Centre (AIC) for Innovation, Incubation & Enterprise at College is set up to promote innovative startups through the University ecosystem. Centre would facilitate and hone ideas and innovations that are useful to the society and address some of the problems faced through development of product, process and services.
Anand Incubation Center (AIC) is a novel idea started in the academic year 2017-18 to work towards the overall development of the students.. Earlier, the college was actively doing the similar activities under the different headings such as entrepreneurship development schemes, student research competition, placement activities, etc.
The objectives of the Incubation Centre are
i. Creation of an ecosystem for social start-ups,
ii. Larger social impact, and
iii. knowledge creation.
iv. To tap and nurture innovative ideas in business and research among the students
v. To facilitate financial assistance for developing start-ups, and enterprises from different agencies
The major aim focused by the Incubation Centre are selection of ventures, mentoring, seed funding, infrastructure support, review of ventures, resource network development. Spread across the district. They are encouraged and supported to become independent and self-supporting.
WORKING OF THE INCUBATION CENTRE:
The incubation center should work on two levels. The first is of the small ideas related to business. The second is of innovative ideas of research. The incubation center established making responsible faculty as its coordinator.The college provides financial assistance to incubation center.
The following are practices
1. The major activity undertaken by the Incubation Centre is a Soil testing Laboratory ,established in Vishwas Co operative Sugar Factory,Chikhali. The seed money to the project is given by Maharashtra state Govt. All the technical staff is provided by the incubation center where approximately 4000 soil samples are analyzed per year generating revenue near about Rs. 800000/- .
2. Establishment of various collaborations or MOUs with industries and academic institutes like Vishwas Sugar Factory,Chikhali, Shikhare trust,Islampur, Vasundhara,Warnanagar, Maharashtra Sahity Parishad, Pune- Branch Shirala, Society for Mathematical Engineering, Shivaji University Marathi Teacher Association, Yashwantrao Mohite Institute of Management Karad. etc to share the knowledge and avail the funding.
3. Conducting primary level projects flaring innovative ideas in research.
4. Organization of lectures of the expertise in intellectual property rights.
5. Introduction of the concept of the incubation center among staff and students by conduction of workshops and training programs.
6. Organization of on job training for B.Sc.III students in to the Soil Testing Laboratory.