Vishwas Shikshan Prasarak Mandal’s Deshbhakt Anandrao Balwantrao Naik Arts & Science College is established in June-1998 with the aim of providing educational facilities to the students from rural areas of Shirala Tahsil. This is the first science college in the hilly regions of Shirala Tahsil. The college has started Department of Microbiology in the same year to create awareness about the emerging field of Microbiology in the students of rural area.
The department has shown continuous progress in various academic as well as extracurricular activities right from its establishment. Well equipped laboratory with sufficient space and infrastructure facilities is the special remarkable feature of the department. The department has effective internal co-coordinating and monitoring mechanism for implementation of policies regarding different departmental activities. The students of the department regularly participate in various intercollegiate competitions like Agar art Competition, Poster Competition, AVISHKAR, etc and have won a number of prizes.
The university exam result of department is always very satisfactory. Many of the students are engaged in higher studies. Some of the students prefer competitive exam studies .The department also has a good placement record.
• To make the students knowledgeable with respect to the subject and its practicable applicability.
• To promote understanding of basic and advanced concepts in microbiology.
• To expose the students to various emerging areas of Microbiology.
•To prepare students for further studies, helping in their bright career in the subject.
• To expose the students to different processes used in industries and in research field.
• To develop their ability to apply the knowledge of microbiology in day to day life.
• To prepare the students to accept the challenges in life sciences.
• To develop skills required in various industries, research labs and in the field of human health.
|1||Mr. A. B. Shinde||Head & Assistant Professor||M. Sc. NET, SET, GATE||8 Years|
|2||Mr. V. P. Sutar||Assistant Professor||M. Sc. NET||7 Years|
|3||Miss. P. R. Shelake||Assistant Professor||M.Sc.||3 Years|
|4||Miss. M. T. Sathe||Assistant Professor||M.Sc.||3 Years|
|5||Miss. A. J. Patil||Assistant Professor||M.Sc.||3Years|
|1||Mr. V. I. Borage||Lab Assistant||19 Years|
|2||Mr. V. D. Khuje||Lab Attendant||19 Years|
B. Sc. I
• History and Introduction of Microbiology
• Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic Cell Structure
• Pure culture techniques
• Isolation and Cultivation of Anaerobes
B. Sc. I
• Bacteria cell
• Bacterial Morphology
• Gram Positive vs. Gram Negative Bacteria
• TYPES OF CULTURE MEDIA
• Bacterial Cell Culture Methods
• Streak Plate Method
• Colony Morphology and Growth Patterns
B. Sc. II
• Bacterial electron Transport Chain
• TCA cycle
B. Sc. III
• Replication of T4 Phage
• Lambda Phage Replication Cycle
• Morphology and Structure of Viruses
• Regulation of tryptophan operon by attenuation
• DNA sequencing
• Polymerase Chain Reaction
• Nucleic acid hybridization and Probe
• Steps in rDNA technology
• Steps in Cloning a Gene
• Protein Synthesis
• DNA Synthesis
• RNA Synthesis
• Peptidoglycan Synthesis
• ED pathway
• Glyoxylate Pathway
• Lac Operon
• Arabinose operon