Code of Ethics to Check Malpractices and Plagiarisms in Research
Code of Ethics:
The goals of this policy is to promote scientific research by providing the code of ethical practices for individual and collaborative work, and guidelines for author, Patenting policies, human subjects care for life forms and environment.
1. It focuses on the disciplines that study norm and standards of conduct such as Science, Philosophy, Law,
Psychology or Sociology and distinguish between acceptable and unacceptable behavior that suit their
particular aims and goals.
2. There should be honesty in collection of data, data analysis and interpretation, methods and procedures,
results writing and publication status and other aspects of research where objectivity is expected or
required which should not be affect the research which is be open to criticism and new ideas.
3. It should be done confident, sincerely and there should be consistency of thought and action.
4. A Proper honor is given to patents, copyrights, and other forms of intellectual property. Do not use
unpublished data, methods, or results without permission. Give proper acknowledgement or credit for all
contributions to research.
5. Show proper respect and care for life forms when using them in research. Do not conduct unnecessary or
poorly designed experiments. Relevant laws and institutional and governmental policies.
6. The research should not be in the form of misconduct or FFP i.e. “Fabrication, Falsification, and
7. If any researcher is found to be guilty of plagiarism is liable for severe punishment.
In the recent years, the higher educational institutions are expected to contribute the national growth through augmenting the quality research by the government and national bodies of assessment. Accordingly, the college has accepted the promotion of research as its core value. Hence, under the guidance of IQAC, the college has developed a comprehensive research policy.
Research Policy Statement:
“To promote research culture and aptitude and seek to achieve the highest standards with regard to quality research practice and the handling of possible scientific misconduct.”
1. To pursue the quality research as reiterated in the core values of the institution.
2. To create and support research culture among its teachers, staff and students and leverage it for enriching and enhancing the professional competence of all members.
3. To promote the collaborative venture in the research.
4. To develop and promote the scientific temper and research aptitude.
5. To contribute the national development by establishing the institutional fund and plan for facilitating the research participation and related activities.
6. To promote the innovative ideas in research leading to Intellectual property rights.
7. To promote the interdisciplinary research.
8. To cultivate the strong research leadership and effective research support structure.
This policy will be applicable to all researchers of the college and these researchers are defined as:-
1. All staff, permanent and temporary, performing their teaching, research and administrative duties and supporting to the core values of the college.
2. All registered UG and PG students.
3. All registered research students and scholars.
4. All research guides experts from other institutes and sponsors associate with any of research activities of the college.
5. Alumni having research aptitude.
This policy will be applicable to all the research area and activities enlisted below:
1. Research activities including basic and applied, undertaken for achieving academic degrees and for solving problems.
2. Research activities as a part of completing minor or major research project undertaken by faculty and funded by various agencies.
3. Projects undertaken by students as a part of academic achievement, part of curriculum or for enrichment.
4. Knowledge developing and communication initiatives related to academic progress.
5. Activities include innovative ideas, concepts and start-ups leading to intellectual property rights
6. Research aspire leading to presentations and publications.
Mechanism for policy implementation:
As per the guidelines provided by IQAC, Research cell and Science Forum of the college shoulders the responsibility of implementing the research policy.
Composition of cell:
Research cell is important committee of the college, which decides all strategies of research policy and agenda and implements it. The cell comprises of the pool of expertise including Principal in role of leadership, IQAC Coordinator, Senior Teachers from all streams, which are Research Guides, Industry or Academic representative, Research student representative etc.
The research cell functions in following way:
1. The cell will continuously develop its research agenda with relative priorities considering the
2. The cell will develop code of ethics and monitoring the malpractices and plagiarism in research.
3. The cell will motivate the faculty for the process of knowledge development and its sharing.
4. The cell will prepare guidelines for designing and evaluation curriculum oriented research projects.
5. The cell will take initiative to include research methodology in curriculum.
6. The cell will organize introductory workshop on research for staff and students to inculcate research
7. The cell will take efforts to develop funds for providing research facilities like sophisticated instruments, research journals, common facility centre, common computing centre and Anand Incubation Centre (AIC) in college.
8. It will encourage the faculty to undertake major and minor research projects, giving priorities in interdisciplinary areas in collaboration with other departments and institutes.
9. The cell will encourage the faculty and students to publish their research work in reputed/ referred
research journals with high impact factors.
10. It will also develop fund for providing seed money and incentives to students and research scholars.
11. It will approach various funding agencies like UGC, DST, CSIR, HRDC, ICHR, ICSSR, DBT, etc to avail funds
for research activities.
12. The cell will incubate innovations in start -ups and take efforts to convert it into enterprise.
13. The cell will create a database of research work with respect to Citation index, H-index and impact factor.